Gait Harness System
Funding & Financing Assistance
Gait Harness System Funding & Financing Assistance
GHS products are an investment in the client’s health and life quality
National & Federal Organizations
The following national & federal funding sources have purchased the Second Step GHS for clients:
State, County & Community Organizations
- National Assoc. of State Head Injury Administrators
- Texas Health & Human Services
- Kentucky TBI Trust Fund
- Georgia Brain & Spinal Injury Trust Fund Commission
- Gulf Coast Social Services of Louisiana
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
- State & County Department of Health & Human Services (DHS/DHHS)
- State Medicaid Waiver/CHIP Programs
- Sonoma County Human Services Department, Adult and Aging Division, Sonoma County CA
- State Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADs) or Elder Care
- Centers for Independent Living (CILs)
- Statewide Independent Living Councils (SILCs)
- State Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) / Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Waiver
- State Department of Human Services/ Mental Health, Self-Directed Supports Program School Districts, Unified & Independent
- Tom Sherak MS Hope Foundation, Los Angeles CA
- Northern California Spinal Cord Network, Northern CA
Private Organizations & Resource Options
- Auto insurance claims
- Legal settlements
- Worker’s Comp claims
- Residential Group Homes
- Private trust fund, conservator, or fiduciary
- Private foundations
- Private fundraisers (traditional & social fundraising, see Tips of Effective Online Fundraising below)
- Charitable or anonymous donors
- Church/religious organization fundraisers
- Private health insurance may reimburse subscriber post private pay under HCPCS codes: E0638, E0641, E0642, or E1399
- The GHS is considered an exempt (non-countable) asset for Medicaid financial qualification and spend-down
More Potential Funding Sources
State & National organizations
- Kiwanis International Foundation
- Citivan International
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- United Way
- Travis Roy Foundation for SCI
- State Departments of Disability Services
- State Councils on Developmental Disabilities
- State Assistive Technology Programs
We are available to speak with a funding source which may have questions about the Gait Harness System. If your funder requires a formal Quote to consider your grant application, call us at 877-299-STEP or email us at email@example.com.
Tips for Effective Online Fundraising
Subsidizing your Second Step Gait Harness System
Online Fundraising Sites
- GoFundMe under “Medical, Illness & Healing”
- Fundly under “Medical & Health Expenses”
- Help Hope Live under “Uninsured Medical Expenses”
- Just Giving under “Health & Medical” or “Disability”
An online campaign can also prompt a separate, offline campaign. Traditional offline campaigns allow the fundraiser to collect private cash donations from donors who prefer to donate off the internet.
Tips From Clients
Examples of effective online fundraising techniques include photo progressions to tell the individual’s story, and to engage the viewer.
- Who is X (the person asking for help)?
- What happened to X?
- What have they overcome thus far?
- What recovery steps have they/family taken?
- Why is X asking for help now? Why should the donor invest in X’s cause?
Be accurate and direct. Title the fundraiser plainly, e.g.: “Help X Walk Again with a Second Step Gait Harness System.”
State your purpose clearly. Explain why X needs donor support. E.g.: “Research on cases like X’s has shown that the key to standing and walking again is to practice every day. X needs help getting a secure standing and walking frame to keep him/her safe while (s)he learns to stand and walk again after his/her illness/injury.”
Explain the objective. E.g.: “X’s level of function does not allow him/her to move safely in a traditional walker without multiple trained assistants, but a Second Step Gait Harness System would allow X to walk at home with (fewer) helpers. The Gait Harness System unit is more heavy-duty than a traditional walker and has a built-in harness that supports X so (s)he won’t fall.”
Pictures speak a thousand words. Short video clips, and/or a collage of photos make X and their current challenge real and encourage viewer empathy. Sharing X’s personal story helps others to connect to X’s need and passion to stand and walk again. Include a GHS photo or two from our Photo Gallery to show donors how you intend to invest donations made to X.
Share the charity. E.g.: “X plans to donate the Second Step GHS unit to a therapy clinic/community center/VA center/adult day participant program/another individual/a family member when X is ready to move into a less supportive walker. Helping X now will help others in the future.”
Clearly ask for assistance. E.g.: “Would you please help X and his/her family by donating to his/her fund today? Give him/her a Second Chance to Walk Again.”
A personal, honest approach is powerful. It shows X is a real person, with real dreams, is willing to work very hard, and is extremely thankful for any donation.
Second Step products are not designed to treat or cure any issue, condition or disease. Results vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with the treating doctor or health care provider regarding health-related questions, assessments, and recommendations, including addressing the client’s specific medical issues, limitations, or needs. Second Step manufactures custom merchandise. No refunds will be given on any order. All sales and layaways are final.
Contact Us Today
We are here to help you
For personalized attention, please call or email us today. We will take the time to answer all your questions about how the Gait Harness System is helping people walk again, and whether it could be right for you.